All our electronic devices are at a constant risk of catching malware or ransomware. Whenever we expose our computers or laptops to the internet, there is a lot of risks that our laptops are faced with. Which is why we need to protect them with antiviruses. McAfee is an antivirus that is used globally and is in a great demand due to its high tech features that help keep the computers safe. Sometimes, McAfee checking for updates stuck, when you’re checking for an update the antivirus after some amount of update is done. If you are facing a similar issue, do try the following procedure that will help get you out of the problem quickly.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-800-986-6752|
When technology is involved, they are constantly updated with new features so as to keep up with recent advancements. It is necessary to keep your antiviruses updated so that they can work better and keep your computers safeguarded from any risks and threats. To overcome McAfee checking for updates stuck, firstly, we have to run the McAfee Virtual Technician (MVT).
What is MVT?
McAfee Virtual Technician is a self-healing tool and it is automated as well. Whatever issues arise with your McAfee software, MVT is capable of identifying and resolving them as well. Sometimes, there are issues that don’t let McAfee software from being installed successfully. MVT is great at resolving McAfee checking for updates stuck as well.
The steps to resolve McAfee checking for updates stuck
Now, let’s see the procedure step by step:
- To start with, visit the McAfee Consumer Support home page
- Scroll down to the McAfee Virtual Technician section.
- Select download and then, click Run.
- Now, save the mvt.exe file to the desktop.
- Now, double click on the downloaded file or click run to start MVT.
- The Windows user Account Control will ask you for permission to allow MVT to run. Click yes.
- Now, let the MVT go through the processes of Installing, Initializing and Updating. This process may take some time.
- After this, MVT will scan your device for any issues with the McAfee product.
- If any issues or problems are detected, select Autofix and let MVT solve the problem.
Another way to solve McAfee checking for updates stuck without MVT, you can go about it this way: Disable Access Protection, update the software and again enable Access Protection. For this, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Open the McAfee software and click Navigation on the right side.
- After that, go to General Settings and Alerts.
- Now, select General Settings and Alerts.
- Click Access Protection and unselect Use Access Protection.
- Select apply and close McAfee.
- On your desktop, right click on McAfee icon and click check for updates.
- Now, enable the Access Protection by checking the Use Access Protection option and click apply.
- Now, restart the computer / laptop.
Thus follow these steps to resolve McAfee checking for updates stuck
Comment below if you have any queries on McAfee checking for updates stuck
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- McAfee web control not started
- Why Mcafee taking a long time to install
- McAfee Error 12152 windows 10
- How to cancel McAfee free trial
- Mcafee real time scanning starting problem
- How To Uninstall Corrupted McAfee