Why do we get McAfee total protection error while installing updates Mac?
You might see a mistake once web Security for Mac tries to perform an update on macOS 10.13 (also called macOS High Sierra).
Automatic and manual updates of Mac throws a mistake popup stating that an error occurred whereas installing updates. This issue could be caused by the net Security for mac kernel extension not being approved or a retardant along with your firewall or browser settings.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-362-0111|
The solution for McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac:
To solve the problem of McAfee total protection error while installing an updates mac, just follow the below steps;
Step 1: Authorize the net Security for mackintosh kernel extension:
In macOS High Sierra, if an app uses a kernel extension to modify sure tasks, this kernel extension should be expressly approved once you install the app. If you are doing not authorize the kernel extension, the app may not work properly.
Internet Security for mac uses a kernel extension (also called a kext) to perform sure tasks. This kext should be approved. you’ll authorize the kext within the app itself, or through System Preferences.
You can choose either of those choices for steps for McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac:
⦁ Authorize kernel extension within the web Security for mackintosh app
- Click the Apple menu at the top left of your desktop.
- Click on the System Preferences.
- Click Security & Privacy.
- There will be a message that says: System software from developer “McAfee, Inc” was blocked from loading.
- Click Allow enabling the extension.
Step 2: Modification of the firewall settings:
If you lately installed macOS High Sierra, your firewall settings might need to be modified. this modification may lead to the firewall block web Security for Mac from change. Follow these steps to check and alter your firewall settings:
⦁ Third-party firewall apps
- Check to see if you’ve got any firewall apps running. you’ll be able to see your installed apps within the Applications folder.
- If a Firewall app is running, make sure that web Security for Mac is allowed, and not being blocked.
- Then save all your changes.
⦁ McAfee firewall
- Check to see if you have any firewall apps running. You can see your installed apps in the Applications folder.
- If a Firewall app is running, ensure that Internet Security for Mac is allowed, and not being blocked.
Save your changes.
- Click on the McAfee menulet on the menu bar.
- Now select the McAfee LiveSafe – Internet Security Console.
- Click Mac Security.
- Then click on the Firewall.
- Click the lock to make changes and type in your password.
- Change the Type from Public to Home or Work.
- Click the lock again to save your changes.
- After the change, your firewall settings, strive for the update once more. If you see an identical error message, still Step three.
Clearing your expedition cookies and cache may resolve the difficulty. Clearing your cookies and cache doesn’t take away your browsing history or saved passwords.
- Open Safari.
- Click Safari, Preferences.
- Click on the Privacy.
- Click Manage web site information.
- Then click on Remove All.
- Click remove currently.
- Click on done.
- Restart your mackintosh.
When your Mac restarts, strive the update once more. If you see an identical error message, still Step 4.
Step 4: Again install web Security for Mac:
If you continue to see the error message once making an attempt all the steps higher than, it is time to install web Security for mackintosh.
- Follow the steps in TS100342 that explain the way to transfer and install McAfee client product.
- Restart your mac once the install is complete.
- Try the update once more.
Thus follow these steps to fix McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
Comment below if you have any queries on McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates