On a day to day basis, all our electronic devices are at a risk of attack from threats and malware or ransomware. When we browse the web or try to download a file or even an attachment from an email, our computers and laptops are constantly exposed to viruses. Sometimes, it so happens that even after downloading a file or a video or anything for that matter, we do not realize that a virus has also been downloaded. We don’t realize the damage it has done until after we lose the important data and information in our computers and sometimes we often get an error that is McAfee web control not started. A top quality antivirus is, therefore, vital for guarding the important data in our computers.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-800-986-6752|
Why McAfee is the most recommended antivirus for your device
McAfee is one of the best and most sought after antiviruses available in the market. It has a great brand name for itself and is complete with many advanced features, one of which is Web Control.
What is Web Control?
Web control is a feature which sends you notifications of threats their computers are exposed to while browsing websites or searching for websites. Security administrators can prevent disabling of browser plug-ins, control access to sites, pages, and downloads, based on safety rating or type of content. Identify sites as blocked or allowed, based on URLs and domains. Customize notifications that appear when users attempt to access the blocked website and create detailed reports of the website. usage. Endpoint Security Web Control supports user-based policies, making it easy to configure customized security policies and user controls. In easier words, Web Control analyses site addresses and blocks access to dangerous sites.
There are times when the McAfee web control not started as well as our expectations. For resolving this issue, there are a few simple steps that need to be followed.
Steps to fix McAfee web control not started:
ENS Web Control requires Enable third-party browser extensions to be selected.
Perform the following steps to select the Internet Explorer setting Enable third-party browser extensions:
- Open Internet Explorer.
- In the menu bar, click Tools, Internet options.
- Click the Advanced tab.
- Under “Settings”, scroll down to the browsing section and select Enable third-party browser extensions.
- Click Apply and then OK.
- Reboot the system for settings to take effect.
The above steps are pretty easy to follow and once you reboot the system, you’ll find that the McAfee web control problem is resolved and web control is enabled immediately.
Are you still facing McAfee web control not started problem?
If a problem continues to arise even after doing the aforementioned steps, you can always take the assistance of our tech support guys. They are available on the telephone and website as well. Tech support of McAfee Endpoint Protection is available all around the globe from many different parts of the world.
Thus follow these steps to fix McAfee web control not started
Comment below if you have any queries on McAfee web control not started
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding