McAfee is nothing but an anti-virus software. It is one of the most widely used anti-virus software known to protect our computer from various unwanted files and folders. Such files and folders are called virus and is capable of causing massive harm to our computer. McAfee anti-virus software scans our entire device, each time we open our computer. So it is always recommended that you use an anti-virus software each time you use your computer.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-800-986-6752|
What is McAfee endpoint encryption EPO?
McAfee Endpoint Encryption ePO is known to protect our computer from unauthorized access. It prevents unauthorized person from gaining access to our personal files and folders, thereby keeping our device safe from the reaches of the hackers. It makes our files and folders unreadable to any unauthorized person by fully encrypting our data. It is one of the special features of the McAfee software. However, you need to have a proper internet connection on your device to enjoy this facility.
How to decrypt McAfee Endpoint encryption EPO?
There are quite a number of ways to how to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption for files and folders ePO. They are as follows:
METHOD 1: The first method is to log in to the ePO website to make the necessary changes. The steps are as follows to how to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption for files and folders:
- Log in to ePO by typing https://epo.cites.illinois.edu:8443/ on the address bar of your web browser.
- Click on System Tree icon present at the top of the page that opens.
- In the left pane of your window, select your OU that you wish to apply.
- To decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption click on the “Assigned Policies” button.
- Select your encryption product in the “Product” popup that will appear. It may be “Drive Encryption Go”, “Endpoint Encryption”, or “Endpoint Encryption for Mac”.
- Go to the Actions column in the Window that appears.
- Click on Edit Assignment and a new window will appear on your screen.
- Set the policy assignment to “Break inheritance and assign the policy settings below”.
- Click on Save.
- The “Lock policy inheritance” setting will no longer be displayed.
- Wait for the process to complete itself and then restart your computer.
METHOD 2: The second method to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption EPO is as follows:
- Go to the System trees.
- Click on Open System Information.
- Go to Actions.
- Click on Agent.
- Click on Modify Policies on a Single System.
- Go to Selected Drive Encryption as Product.
- Click on Edit Product Settings.
- Go to Tab Encryption.
- Click on Set to None.
METHOD 3: The Third method is to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption EPO
- Login to the ePO server and navigate to the place where our device is located.
- View the status of encryption on your device.
- When it reads ‘inactive”, it means that the decryption process is complete.
- Remove Endpoint Security and Restart your device.
Hopefully, any one of these methods will help you to get rid of your problem. If not, then you will have to contact McAfee Technical Support. You can easily contact them from the toll-free number given in their official website. They will provide you with the necessary guidelines to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption EPO
Comment below if you have queries regarding How to decrypt McAfee endpoint encryption EPO
You may also see:
- How to remove McAfee from windows 10
- How to prevent McAfee wifi from hacker attack intercepting traffic
- How to get rid of McAfee Pop ups
- McAfee blocking Google Chrome
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- McAfee web control not started
- Why Mcafee taking a long time to install
- McAfee Error 12152 windows 10
- How to cancel McAfee free trial
- Mcafee real time scanning starting problem
- How To Uninstall Corrupted McAfee
- McAfee checking for updates stuck
- How to prevent McAfee threat prevention not working mac
- Are you unable to uninstall McAfee antivirus from PC
- How to fix when McAfee Real time scanning won’t stay on
- How to resolve McAfee Drive encryption fatal error