Table of Contents
How to remove McAfee Web Advisor
Having trouble with How to remove McAfee Web Advisor then read the given article and you will get to know How to remove McAfee Web Advisor.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
Software developed by McAfee itself, McAfee web advisor helps one steer away from the trouble online and extends the provision of protection and safety online that is for the searching and surfing of the web. McAfee WebAdvisor protects the computer and browser from viruses, suspicious activities, malware, hackers, etc. without slowing down the computer or interrupting tasks running in the background.
However, there are times when one is not entirely satisfied with the software or needs to remove it to install it again due to some error or corruption and that is when the question of How to remove McAfee web advisor comes in the mind.
To address the question of How to remove McAfee Web Advisor, one can follow a few simple steps and get the answer to the question of How to remove McAfee Web Advisor you can also check how to activate McAfee with Mcafee.com/activate.
Here are the approaches of How to remove McAfee Web Advisor for both Mac and Windows :
How to remove McAfee Web Advisor for Mac :
- Firstly, to remove the McAfee WebAdvisor from the Mac, make sure that the application has been shut off and is not running.
- Then, go to the Web Advisor icon on the desktop and after right-clicking, select the option of Quit.
- One can also click the option of Qutting SiteAdvisor through the Apple icon option.
- Once, it has been done through the desktop, go to the activity monitor through the dock and then click on the option of Network, after it is done, type in the software application’s name in the search box that is the McAfee, and from there choose the running process, on the left-hand side there would be an option of X, click on it and choose the option of quit. Confirm the prompt that will appear.
- If in case, the method does not work then one can always go to the application and force quit the software as well as stop its running procedure in the background.
- One can also remove the McAfee WebAdvisor with the help of Trash. For that, on the left-hand side of the dock, open the option of applications folder, when opened find the particular application that is the McAfee WebAdvisor. Click on the icon and drag it towards the trash or simply choose the option of Move to the trash by right-clicking on it.
- One also needs to make sure that they go to the library to clear its background and the unnecessary files attached to the McAfee WebAdvisor. All the files and the data from the cache in the library can be easily accessed and deleted from there so that one can permanently remove the software from their system.
- There are also various third-party tools that can be used to remove the software easily and without any hassle.
How to remove McAfee Web Advisor for Windows :
- For removing the McAfee WebAdvisor from the windows, the process is easier to follow which is simply to go to the option of control panel through the desktop or by clicking on the task.
- Once the window opens then go to the option of programs and features and moving ahead to remove programs. After clicking on it, find the said application from the available options and after right-clicking on it, click on the option of remove or uninstall the application.
- After the notification pops up for the confirmation, click on it and the application should be removed.
- Remember to delete the unnecessary files and data associated with the application and to remove it.
Thus, for both devices, the solution of ‘How to remove McAfee Web Advisor’ is easy to follow and the approaches can help one remove their application without any stress. One can also take professional assistance in case of any queries or further guidance.
Removing McAfee SiteAdvisor from an Android Device
Initially, Mobile Phones were only limited to sending/receiving a call or send/receive a text message. Now things have changed and these phones have advanced a lot. It has replaced many of the things that we used in our daily life. One of them is our Laptop/Pc. While, we can’t say it completely replaced them, but still, it is a smaller version that can do almost all similar activities. That’s the reason why users feel the need for antivirus software that would protect the device. McAfee Mobile Protection is one such application that provides security in your device, with its additional features.
McAfee SiteAdvisor Removal from Android.
SiteAdvisor is a feature that comes along with McAfee Mobile Protection. It usually works to safeguard the user from threats over the internet. There are many reasons for the removal of this application. Given below are some of them to know How to remove McAfee Web Advisor/ SiteAdvisor from android.
The android phone doesn’t need an anti-virus.
The operating system of an android phone is way more different from the Personal Computers that you have been using anti-virus for. It is more secured and there is no chance the virus might get into this device, without your permission. There are many cases, where you click such links that being in the virus, but excluding this, there is no other way. So, using the Android Phone more carefully is enough to protect your device rather than installing an Antivirus.
Android Phones have limited storage
In comparison to the Laptop/Pc, android phones have less storage space. Although the antivirus application like other applications comes in a compact size, the packages it comes with and its updates use a good amount of space. If the application doesn’t do the updates, it means that the application is of no use as it won’t have the knowledge of the current viruses.
It reduces the speed of the phone
Antivirus uses a lot of R.A.M of your device. This is because, right after the installation, the application starts running in the background. This causes a decrease in the speed of the mobile phone. Especially those who rely on the phone for its speed, like gamers, may get frustrated due to this. It would also use a lot of battery power of your device, which might be a concerning issue for many users who prefer long hours of usage of their phone.
Has a Control, over your Device
Antivirus Software, asks a lot of permission to function properly on your device. These permissions give a lot of control to this Application. The Application might delete a file, folder, or application from your device. It may block an application or website and stop you from using them. There may also be an unusual scanning, without your permission, which may stop you from working on the device. Adding to this will be their irritating pop-ups. So, using them might ruin your experience with the device you are using.
How to remove the McAfee ‘SiteAdvisor’ application from your Android Device?
In your Windows device, there is a separate application called ‘WebAdvisor’ that protects the device from the threats over the Internet just like ‘SiteAdvisor’. But on your Android phone, there is no separate application. The ‘SiteAdvisor’ comes with the Mobile Protection Software. To remove the site advisor, you will have to remove the Mobile Protection Application.
Note: Different Android Phones have a different working model. The process of the phone you are having might be similar, but the name of the option in your settings might be different. So, use your consciousness and do the following process.
- Open the Settings application on your mobile device.
- Depending on your device, you will have one of the following options.
- App management
This option will open-up, the list of applications on your device.
- Once you select the McAfee Application from this list, you will get the option to uninstall the application. Select that option.
- Finally, press the ‘Ok’ option.
In some devices, the application will be in the Device administrator option, which will also be available in your ‘Settings’ application. Disable the McAfee Application, to remove it from there.
The Article in short speaks about why an android device doesn’t need an Antivirus and How to uninstall the McAfee Mobile Security Application as the SiteAdvisor Application is not available separately in your device. I hope this article has helped you in understanding these concepts, as I have explained them in the most simplified way, possible. Still, you have any doubt/problem/error, you can contact us at +1-888-832-1727. Our team explains to you in a clearer manner, specifically for your device. If you are a McAfee subscriber and have been using it on your other devices, you can also ask the doubts regarding to those devices. Our team has expertise in Antivirus and can solve all your issues.
Here are some other articles you will find useful for you :