In every anti-malware program, renewing annual subscriptions is a universal feature. Users can purchase the program for a fixed length of time, which can be one, two, or even five years – after which they are required to get it recommenced. If you wish to renew McAfee subscription then find out how but reading below.
Table of Contents
McAfee is an American cybersecurity company established in the year 1987. Their goal is to collectively create a safe and secure space on the internet for everyone through their programs.
The company was taken over by Intel in the year 2011 and have their current headquarters located in San Jose, California, United States. The organization is now headed by the CEO Peter A Leave.
Need for renewal
Users need to renew McAfee subscription from time to time because of the following reasons:
- An expired subscription means you can no longer use the program for protecting your PC.
- The user will also not be eligible for any future updates that the company rolls out.
- So if you are constantly seeing pop ups that your software has expired we would suggest renewing it sooner rather than later.
Steps for how to renew McAfee subscription
Before you delve into the process to renew McAfee subscription you should keep the product activation key at hand since it will be required during the procedure.
- Begin by opening the official McAfee website from the internet browser.
- From the options panel, go to the activate column and open up your account.
- Sign in from there by entering your username and password which you must have created at the time of installation.
- After you are through with the login process, go to the subscriptions listed.
- From the list of options that will be displayed in front of you, select the one you want to proceed with.
- The screen will show the exact steps that are needed to be followed for the renewal.
- The next phase is to confirm the billing process by entering your card details etc.
- After you hit on enter, wait for a while until you receive a confirmation.
- A confirmation email is necessary to check if the renewal has been completely processed or not.
If you wish to confirm the success of the process for renew McAfee subscription then:
- Open up your web browser and go to the website of your anti-virus.
- Type in your account information like password and username.
- Lead your cursor to the subscriptions and there you can check the list of all your active products.
- If you find the one that has just been renewed then the success of the process has been confirmed.
- For any future references, users have also been provided with the option for printing the details of the renewal out and keeping a hard copy with them.
In the event that you want to skip the constant manual process to renew McAfee subscription, then you can also opt for auto-renewal. Those who are enrolled in this do not have to worry about keeping up to date with calendar dates.
And if you wish to disable the auto-renewal feature of McAfee, then How to turn off McAfee Auto-Renewal here are some following steps that will guide you with this.
For more related articles :
- Installation using Mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard
- [Fixed] How do I find my McAfee serial number?
- Scan any website using McAfee URL checker
- McAfee Chat Support User Guide
- How to troubleshoot when McAfee won’t update?
- How to fix McAfee Windows 10 issues?
- Why McAfee is taking long time to install?
- How long does it take to remove McAfee?