Antivirus is one of the most important features to be included on your computer. An electronic device must be guarded against the malware that poses a threat to it. An antivirus works as a safeguard and protects the computer or laptop from coming into harm’s way. McAfee is one of the finest quality antiviruses with a brand name and popularity to its credit. It comes with a lot of high-end features that are absolutely worth the money! But sometimes, due to a stroke of bad luck, what happens is that the antivirus itself gets corrupted. To help resolve this issue is what we have explained below.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
Problem uninstall corrupted, McAfee:
McAfee Agent may be needed to be removed manually under certain conditions. Some of the reasons behind this are:
- When the software is updated unsuccessfully, files get jumbled up and obstruction is caused while removing agents.
- In the VirusScan Enterprise (VSE), there are problems arising in the process of stopping Prevent McAfee.
- Previously installed versions have corrupted files of Mcafee.
The above reasons are why we need to remove the antivirus manually.
The solution on how to uninstall corrupted McAfee:
The user should try and remove McAfee using frminst.exe and the /force uninstall switch before attempting to remove it manually.
- Disable the services of McAfee protection in VSE if necessary.
Access Protection feature is a feature in Mcafee that the McAfee services from being stopped. Disable this setting locally or by using ePolicy Orchestrator (ePo). Refer to one of the following:
If ePO manages the VSE
- Go to Start, then Programs, then McAfee, and then VirusScan Console.
- On the Access Protection icon, make a right-click and go to Properties.
- An option will come – Prevent McAfee services from being stopped.
- Unselect it.
- Apply the changes.
- Close the VirusScan console.
- Go to step 2.
If ePO does not manage VSE
- Go to the ePO server and open ePolicy Orchestrator Console
- Wherever a change in policy is required, change the directory or computer level.
- Enlarge the VirusScan Enterprise policy on the right side.
- Just adjacent to the Access Protection Policies, there is an option of Edit. Click that option.
- Click the Access Protection tab and deselect Prevent McAfee services from being stopped.
- Now click on apply.
- Remind an agent through a wakeup call to apply the changes, the alternative is to wait for the next policy enforcement for changes to be brought into effect.
- Close the ePO console and go to step 2.
- Run the frminst.exe /force uninstall command:
- Go to Start, then Run, and lastly, type one of the following commands:
“c:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\frminst.exe” /forceuninstall
“c:\Program Files\McAfee\Common Framework\frminst.exe” /forceuninstall
The change in path is wholly reliant on whether you installed McAfee agent as an update or a new installation. Windows Explorer can help deduce the correct path. Finish the process of deleting the files by rebooting the computer
Thus follow these steps on how to uninstall corrupted McAfee
Comment below if you have any queries on how to uninstall corrupted McAfee
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- McAfee web control not started
- Why Mcafee taking a long time to install
- McAfee Error 12152 Windows 10
- How to cancel McAfee free trial
- Mcafee real-time scanning starting problem