McAfee Endpoint Protection is the latest security suite developed by McAfee.. As a paid software, it protects the Mac users against viruses, spyware, Trojan horses, and other malware threats. But if you wanna remove McAfee Endpoint Protection when the free trial gets over, this post will guide you through the process.
When you get stuck in uninstalling certain apps like antivirus/security, games or malware, make sure to take the right way, thus to avoid possible issues like incomplete removal.There are various ways of uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Protection for Mac. We will discuss each of them in the following sections.
You can resolve the McAfee Endpoint Protection problem, by contacting our experts :
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-800-934-1090|
Things to do before uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Protection:
First of all uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection if it is currently running. To do so, right click its icon in the Dock and choose Quit, or you can head to McAfee Endpoint Protection > Quit McAfee Endpoint Protection from the Menu Bar.
If the app fails to quit by this way, you can force quit it performing the following steps:
- Open the Activity Monitor from the Dock, Launchpad or Spotlight.
- Search and select McAfee Endpoint Protection in the list, click (X) icon, and hit Force Quit.
If the application still shows up in the Dock, then right click it, and choose Options > Remove from Dock.After performing these steps, you can carry out one of the uninstall methods listed below to thoroughly remove McAfee Endpoint Protection as well as all its traces.
Way 1: Remove McAfee Endpoint Protection by OS X Uninstaller
What if uninstalling McAfee Endpoint Protection can be done within a few clicks? A lightweight, handy utility can help you to complete the task easily. OS X Uninstaller is the right choice to quickly locate each component of target app and thoroughly deleting them all in few seconds.
You only have to perform these simple steps to uninstall McAfee Endpoint Protection:
- FIRST DOWNLOAD THE OS X UNINSTALLER, INSTALL IT, AND OPEN IT IN LAUNCHPAD.
- SELECT MCAfee ENDPOINT PROTECTION, AND CLICK RUN ANALYSIS.
- PRESS COMPLETE UNINSTALL BUTTON, AND THEN CLICK YES TO START THE DELETION.
- RE-SCAN YOUR MAC BY CLICKING BACK TO INTERFACE FOR CURRENTLY INSTALLED APPS.
In most cases osx uninstaller work perfectly in fully uninstalling end protection to mac within a minute.
Way 2: Delete McAfee Endpoint Protection by trashing it
If you want to uninstall an application without using any third-party tool, you just have to sign in as an administrator on your Mac, and you will be prompted to provide the administrator password during the un-installation. And then follow these steps:-
- Launch the Finder in your pc and click Applications on the sidebar to open up the folder.
- Search for McAfee Endpoint Protection, right click on it and choose Move to Trash.
- Enter the current admin account password to allow this change.
- Right click the trash icon in the dock,choose empty trash,and click empty trash again in the pop-up dialogue, Alternatively choose empty trash in the founders menu
- In case you cannot empty the trash, restart your mac and try it again.
WARNING: New users should be bit bit careful while manually deleting app vestiges in the hidden Library. If other app components or system files are deleted by mistake, the affected app or even the mac OS could not work normally.
Therefore by this way problem can be solved but if the problem still persists, its better to contact the customer care support team of McAfee.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding McAfee Endpoint Protection