McAfee is a popular antivirus which is highly preferable by many users and it has produced its best performances among these years. Still, it is a software device and errors can occur. Like the Error 1404
While the installation, Activation, etc. in a computer system Runtime Errors of software can occur due to any type of Factors like issues related to improper or incomplete Installation, corrupt downloads, missing files, etc. Troubleshooting each of their possible causes is the best approach to fix these types of errors.
Causes Due to which McAfee error1404 occurs:
1.The improper or incomplete installation procedure or corrupt downloading of the McAfee Antivirus.
2.The recent installation or uninstallation of any McAfee Antivirus related program or files which might have been corrupted the Windows Registry.
3. It may also appear due to windows system files or program files related to McAfee antivirus which have been affected by any type of virus or malware infection.
4. Another cause is the missing of McAfee Antivirus Program-related files as these might have been deleted unfortunately by any other program.
Symptoms of error 1404 by which you can identify the error:
It is very common to see that while downloading, installing, or uninstalling, etc. of McAfee Antivirus Program or when the antivirus is being run. These errors can cause your computer system in an unexpected way like your windows can shut down in an unexpected manner, running the program window might crash, etc. Error ee050002.
McAfee Antivirus appears with some of the following symptoms. Like-
1. Every time the Error 1404 appears the active window crashes.
2. The PC starts to crash frequently with the same Error 1404 whenever you are trying to run the same program.
3. Display messages occur like “Systems not running VSE 8.8 with Hotfix 660014, but are running Host IPS 8.0 with Hotfix 660568” on the screen.
4. The major symptom is when you see that the windows respond really slow to activity and runs sluggishly or reboots on its own.
5. The final symptom is the freezing of the computer system frequently.
How to fix McAfee Antivirus Error 1404?
To fix the McAfee Antivirus error 1404 you are required to follow the below following steps, by these you can fix the error easily, sometimes it is seen performing the troubleshooting steps get progressively gets more difficult and time-consuming, so these some easy fixes/steps are recommended below by experts to avoid unnecessary wastage of time-
Fix 1: First thing a user is required to do is repairing the registries which are linked with the error 1404.
Fix 2: User can also initiate a complete malware scan to fix the antivirus error
Fix 3: Reinstallation or updating the device drivers may fix the error, cause sometimes due to old or damaged drivers your device may face these types of errors.
Fix 4: The system junk cleaning up and the Disk clean up also fixes the error, system junk damages the device system and it also causes effects on the antivirus software, so the user must regularly clean the junk to fix the error.
Fix 5: The proper utilization of the windows to restore the system to undo the recent system changes helps in fixing the error. It is one of the effective ways.
Fix 6: An user can also run the windows system checker to locate the error and to fix it.
Fix 7: Installation of all windows update also fixes the error. Updates help to run the device smoothly.