McAfee was founded in 1987, is a global security software company. It has been a well-known name in the field of antivirus products for both businesses and home users. McAfee currently offers many services such as McAfee Total Protection(all-in-one protection, McAfee LiveSafe, McAfee Mobile Security for Android, McAfee Mobile Security for iPhone and iPad, McAfee Virus Removal Service, and many others.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
McAfee Total Protection 2018 provided a complete all-in-one solution to your PC security. With every one of the McAfee Total Protection products, you get the premium antivirus, identity, and privacy protection you need for your PC, Macs, smartphones, and tablets. It also comes with Password Manager, Multi-Device Protection, File Lock, Free Support. On top of that, McAfee Total Protection 2018 comes with a 100% virus removal guarantee or Your Money Back.
This 100% guarantee makes sure that your PC won’t be infected with any virus, and even if it does, a McAfee expert will remotely access your PC to remove it. If our McAfee expert fails to quarantine the virus, we will offer a full refund. And it also comes with a 30-day trial, so that you can experience Total Protection 2018 and then consider buying it after the trial ends.
Table of Contents
McAfee blocking Google Chrome issue
It has been reported that McAfee blocking Google Chrome in some of the Microsoft Windows devices. McAfee will not allow the user to install the Google Chrome web browser on their laptops or desktops.
This issue cannot be simply solved by disabling the McAfee antivirus before installing Google chrome. Because, even if you install google chrome by disabling McAfee, later when you turn on McAfee protection, you will not be able to browse websites from google chrome because McAfee will still be blocking ports leaving you unable to access websites. Some users have reported to solve it by renaming the chrome.exe, but still, it is not an ideal way to go about solving this problem.
Steps to take to troubleshoot McAfee blocking Google Chrome:
- Make sure the version of McAfee installed is the latest available version.
- Make sure that all the live updates of McAfee are installed.
- If you want google chrome to be unblocked and want to browse sites from google chrome, you should consider giving google chrome full access to all the permissions of McAfee antivirus console.
- To do so, open up your McAfee antivirus.
- From the home screen of McAfee antivirus, click on the “Navigation” link that appears to be there on the top right corner of the McAfee window.
- After doing that, you will see a wide range of options to choose from.
- Click on the “firewall” section.
- Under the “Program Permissions” tab, find the google chrome application listed there.
- Click on Google Chrome application and select “edit”
- And after doing that, click on allow full access for google chrome.
- If you are unable to figure out the solution on your own, please consider talking to McAfee support experts from their official website.
Thus follow these steps to resolve McAfee blocking Google Chrome
Comment below if you have any queries on McAfee blocking Google Chrome
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Ques-1 How do I stop McAfee from blocking Chrome?
1- First, close every other program and open the Google chrome browser.
2- On the top-right corner, select the notification panel
3- Then, select the McAfee application from the menu.
4- Click the application and right-click on the application
5- From the opened drop-down menu, click the setting option and then click on the firewall tab.
6- Now on your screen McAfee Internet Security window appears and there you will see all the firewall properties of the software.
7- Select the Internet connection option and do some important changes in the software.
8- When you enable the Google chrome software make sure that the Internet Guest option is disabled.
After completing all the steps then close the window and then again reboot your device so that the changes you make must be effective. Now, access the browser.
Ques-2 How do I stop McAfee from blocking apps?
To stop the McAfee security product that includes LiveSafe or Total Protection. Here are the steps.
1- The First click on the PC Security.
2- After that click on the Firewall which is in the left pane.
3- In the list, check out the apps that have been blocked
4- If the app is in the list unblock it otherwise block it.
Ques-3 Is it safe to delete McAfee?
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- McAfee web control not started
- Why Mcafee taking a long time to install
- McAfee Error 12152 Windows 10
- How to cancel McAfee free trial
- Mcafee real-time scanning starting problem
- How To Uninstall Corrupted McAfee
- McAfee checking for updates stuck
- How to prevent McAfee threat prevention not working mac