McAfee has comprehensive cyber security solutions. McAfee helps businesses with cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively. It is not antivirus, it’s official purpose is to “analyze” your defenses and tell you if your computer is vulnerable. It scans your web history and objects currently running in memory for malware and checks status of your firewall.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-800-986-6752|
What is McAfee common framework returned error 80040154 1 occurs ?
McAfee common framework returned error 80040154 1 is usually occur when you initiate an Auto Update. The McAfee error can appear anytime while downloading, installing or uninstalling etc. This McAfee error code can cause your computer system behave in an unexpected way.
What are the causes of McAfee common framework returned error 80040154 1 ?
These McAfee common framework returned error 80040154 1 is caused either by:
- A missing or unregistered .dll file. The Error can be caused by third party software or an incomplete upgrade from an older version of VirusScan Enterprise.
- A missing or empty common framework folder.
How to get rid of McAfee common framework returned error 80040154 1 ?
Solution 1 : Re- register SecureFrameworkFactory.dll and SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll , if the file exists but not registered as follows:
- Click on Start button.
- Select Run, type Explorer, and click on OK.
- Navigate to: C:\Program Files \Mcafee\Common Framework\
- Ensure that SecureFrameworkFactory.dll exists in this folder. If not, copy it from the same location on a working system.
- Click Start > Run , type CMD, and Click on OK.
- In the command window, type the following command and press Enter
Regsvr32.exe “C:\Program Files\Mcafee\Common Framework\SecureFrameworkFactory.dll”
- Click on OK when you receive the confirmation that the file was successfully registered.
- Repeat the steps above for SecureFrameworkFactory3.dll.
Solution 2 : Re-register all the Framework and Windows DLL files
By re-registering the DLL files in the Mcafee Common Framework folder as well as the DLLs in the Windows System32 folder, the issue can usually be resolved.
- Stop the Mcafee Agent Service (5.x) or Mcafee Framework service (4.x):
- Click on Start button > Run, type Service.msc, and then click on OK.
- Right click the Mcafee Agent Service (5.x) or Mcafee Framework service (4.x) and select Stop.
- Close the Service window.
- Register all Dll files in the Common Framework folder:
- Click on Start button > Run, type CMD, and click on OK.
- To Navigate to the Common Framework folder, type the following command and press Enter :
Cd C:\Program Files \Mcafee\Common Framework\
- The above command uses the default installation directory. If a different directory is specified during installation , use that location instead.
- Type the following command and press Enter to re- register the files
for % m in(*.dll) do regsvr32 / s %m
- Wait for the DLL registrations to complete.
- Register all DLL files in %SystemRoot%\System32:
Some of the shared Mcafee DLL files are saved and located in this folder.
1. To navigate to the system32 folder, type the following command and press Enter:
2. To register all the files in the system32 folder, type the following command and press Enter :
for %m in (*.dll) do regsvr32 /s %m
3. Wait for the DLL registrations to complete, and then close the command prompt window.
- Restart the Mcafee Agent Service (5.x) or Mcafee Framework Service (4.x) :
- Click on Start button > Run, type Service.msc, and then Click on OK.
- Right click the Mcafee Agent Service (5.x) or Mcafee Framework Service (4.x) and select Start.
- Close the services window.
- Initiate an Auto Update.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding McAfee common framework returned error 80040154 1
You may also see:
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- How do I turn off McAfee Firewall on windows 10
- My McAfee real time scanning keeps turning off What to do
- How to resolve McAfee debug error message
- How to fix McAfee security software failed to launch error code 1
- How to resolve McAfee endpoint encryption error EE050014
- How to fix McAfee Error EE050002
- How to fix McAfee Error Code 10054
- McAfee error code 7305