Table of Contents
Why do we need to remove McAfee?
Sometimes it becomes inevitable for us to remove McAfee. This is because of the fact that sometimes McAfee identifies our useful files and folders as threats and starts to remove them from our device. McAfee may also present our machine from opening certain web pages which it senses to be suspicious. It may even prevent us from downloading certain files and folders. In such cases, it becomes inevitable for us to remove McAfee from our device.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
What is McAfee consumer product removal tool?
McAfee Consumer Product Removal Tool is a part of McAfee package. It is used to remove McAfee completely from our system so that we can either reinstall it on our device once again or we can install new anti-virus software on our system. This tool is known to work with the following McAfee products:
- McAfee Antivirus Plus.
- McAfee Family Protection.
- McAfee Internet Security.
- McAfee Online Backup.
- McAfee Total Protection.
- McAfee LiveSafe.
This tool is especially useful when our McAfee software has become corrupt or it has not been installed properly on our system or we wish to install anti-virus software which we think will perform better than McAfee. This tool is quite easily available online and can be easily downloaded for free from the official site of McAfee.
How do we use Mcafee consumer product removal tool on windows 10?
Before using Mcafee consumer product removal tool windows 10 on our device, we should always keep the following points in mind:
- We should download MCPR tool from the internet each time we wish to remove McAfee from our device. This is necessary because the version of MCPR tool that we currently have on our system may not be compatible with the version of McAfee anti-virus software that we are using which may prevent MCPR tool from functioning properly.
- This tool can only remove files and folders that can be reinstalled once again. On our system.
- After downloading this tool, we will have to restart our machine to allow it to function properly.
- The MCPR tool should only be used if we are not being able to delete McAfee from the Control Panel option.
The steps to use the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool on our Windows 10 operating system are as follows:
- Download the McAfee Consumer Product Removal tool from the internet. It can be easily downloaded for free from the internet.
- Save the exe file on your Desktop or any other place that is easily accessible to you.
- Double-click on the exe file to run it on your device.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it on our device.
- Click on Finish once the installation process is complete.
- The End User License Agreement (EULA) will appear on your screen.
- When the process is complete, you will see the following message on your computer screen “Removal Complete”.
- You then restart your machine and start using the MCPR tool on your device.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding how to resolve Mcafee consumer product removal tool windows 10
You may also see:
- How to remove McAfee from windows 10
- How to prevent McAfee wifi from hacker attack intercepting traffic
- How to get rid of McAfee Pop-ups
- McAfee blocking Google Chrome
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- McAfee web control not started
- Why Mcafee taking a long time to install
- McAfee Error 12152 Windows 10
- How to cancel McAfee free trial
- Mcafee real-time scanning starting problem
- How To Uninstall Corrupted McAfee
- McAfee checking for updates stuck
- How to prevent McAfee threat prevention not working mac
- Are you unable to uninstall McAfee antivirus from PC
- How to fix when McAfee Real-time scanning won’t stay on
- Mcafee Common Framework Returned Error fffff9bf 3
- Mcafee endpoint encryption error failed to read registry files
- McAfee endpoint protection for mac error code 1
- McAfee drive encryption fatal error 0xee020006 getting disk info