What is the McAfee Endpoint security module?
McAfee Endpoint Security Modules provide us with various features that give proper protection to our computer from various anti-viruses, spyware, malware, and Trojans. It can also protect our system from a ransomware attack. It is a modification of McAfee VirusScan Enterprise. It is referred to as ENS and comes along with the McAfee products.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-362-0111|
What is event logging?
Event logging helps us to keep an account of the various events that are occurring in our device. By default, event logging is always enabled in our system. Event logging is responsible for performing two major tasks. They are:
- View Events: The event logging option is used to view the various events that are occurring in our device.
- Changing the settings: It can be used to change the settings of our Firewall.
These are the two major functions that are performed by Event Logging.
How to enable event logging?
The steps to enable Event Logging are as follows:
- Go to the Local Console
- Click on Common
- Go to Settings
- Select Advanced Settings
- Select Event Logging
- Select the level of logging needed for our product.
In this way, we can enable Event Logging for a particular McAfee product.
McAfee endpoint security error communicating with the event log
Sometimes the McAfee Endpoint Security may experience an error with the Event Log. The message “McAfee endpoint security error communicating with the event log” is displayed when they open the ENS console. This generally occurs due to a faulty database file i.e. the DADEvents.db
How to fix McAfee endpoint security error communicating with the event log?
This particular error related to the Event Log can be solved using the ENS Hotfix and for that, we will have to contact the McAfee Technical Support. They will give us the necessary guide.
Another way to solve McAfee endpoint security error with the event log is by disabling System Protection. The steps are as follows:
- Go to ENS console
- Click on Disable Self Protection
- Delete the faulty database file (DADEvents.db)
- Restart the ENS console. The database file which we have just deleted will be recreated once again and this time it will b errorless.
- Once again, Enable the Self Protection
There is yet another way to solve McAfee Endpoint security error communicating with the event log. We can change the settings of our system using the Access Protection. This may help us get rid of the error. The necessary steps are as follows:
- Select the Policy Catalogue
- Click on ENS console
- Go to Categories
- Click on Access Protection Policies
- Select the proper policy.
- Change the settings as per your requirement.
Thus follow these steps to fix McAfee endpoint security error communicating with the event log
Comment below if you have any queries on McAfee endpoint security issue exploit prevention is not responding
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding