Table of Contents
What is Endpoint Security?
Endpoint Security is a special feature of McAfee Products that are used to protect network computers. It can detect any virus or any other suspicious files entering our computer and resolve the threat automatically. It is called self-manageable software as it is able to manage its proceedings on its own. It does not require user intervention for its proper functioning. As a result, our device always remains protected from malicious files and folders and from the control of the hackers.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
Endpoint security modules:
Endpoint Security comes with various modules that increase its effectiveness. The modules are as follows:
- Web Control: It displays the threats that we encounter while browsing the webpage.
- Firewall: It closely observes the communications between our computer and the internet. It blocks any suspicious communications.
- Threat Prevention: It scans our device for viruses, spyware, and malware and blocks them from entering our device.
These are the various Endpoint Security Modules that help in protecting our computer.
The Endpoint Security Modules, however, need to be updated from time to time to ensure that they function properly.
McAfee access protection:
McAfee Access protection protects our computer from unwanted files and folders by blocking unwanted files and folders from gaining access to our device. It also stops the user from blocking McAfee Access Protection. It is a part of VirusScan Enterprise. McAfee Access Protection takes the help of user-defined programs to help our computer get rid of unwanted files and folders more commonly known as a virus.
McAfee endpoint security issue access protection is not responding:
Many McAfee users have complained that the Access Protection which is a part of the endpoint security module fails to respond properly at times. This is a very common issue for McAfee users and they experience this problem all the time.
How to resolve McAfee endpoint security issue access protection is not responding?
We can resolve issues related to access protection by creating a user-defined Access Protection on our own. The steps to create a user-defined Access Protection are as follows:
- Go to the Start button on the Taskbar
- Go to All Programs
- Find McAfee from the list of programs that appear and click on it.
- Double-click on VirusScan Console
- Select the Access Protection
- From the Categories option, click on User-defined Rules
- Click on New
- Click on the File Blocking Rule
- Click Ok. Now we will be able to insert a user-defined Access Protection Rule to our system.
In the File Blocking Rule box that will appear, we can make the following changes:
- Add a new rule
- Select the actions that we would like to prevent.
- Change the file/folder name to block letters.
- Add a new process.
- Click Ok
These are the following ways by which we can resolve McAfee endpoint security issue access protection is not responding.
Comment below if you have any queries on McAfee endpoint security issue access protection is not responding
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem