Error: McAfee error 87: Unable to continue the installation
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
Manufacturer: McAfee Antivirus
Support: Call McAfee tech Support – 1-888-832-1727
McAfee is nothing but anti-virus software. It aims at protecting our device from various viruses, malware, spyware, and Trojans which may otherwise cause massive damage to our computer. Such viruses may enter our computer at any time at any moment and insert their own code blocks inside the computer’s original block of code. This will block the user from accessing his original files and folders and the viruses have succeeded in corrupting the original files and folders of our computer. The chances of a virus entering our computer are maximum when we are working online as the internet is teeming with viruses that are always waiting for a scope to invade our computer. So, in order to protect our computer, we should always keep anti-virus software installed on our device.
Why McAfee error 87, Unable to Continue Installation happens?
McAfee error 87 is one of the most commonly encountered errors by McAfee users. It mainly occurs when we are trying to open a problem. As a result, our current program crashes immediately, thus preventing us from working on our device. This error makes our computer extremely slow and sluggish. We are no longer able to work on our device. Our Desktop screen freezes fro time and time and also our device stops responding to mouse clicks.
What will the best troubleshoot ways to resolve unable to continue installation, McAfee error 87?
The various ways to troubleshoot this error are as follows:
METHOD 1: The first method is to check whether any registry files related to our software has become corrupt or damaged. In that case, we will have to replace that registry file with a new file so that our system starts to perform properly once again. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Go to the Start button present at the bottom of the Desktop screen on the Taskbar.
- Type “command” in the search box that will appear at the bottom as soon as you click on Start. However, you should remember not to press Enter immediately after that.
- Hold CTRL-Shift simultaneously on your keyboard and then press ENTER.
- A permission dialog box will appear on your Desktop screen.
- Click Yes.
- A black box will open with a blinking cursor.
- Type “Regedit” on that box itself and then press ENTER.
- In the Registry Editor, select the Error 87-related key you want to back up.
- Go to the File
- Click on Export.
- In the Save In list, select the folder where you want to save the McAfee Antivirus backup key.
- Give a proper name to the file.
- In the Export Range box, ensure that the “Selected branch” is selected.
- Click on Save.
- The file will be saved on your device with a .reg file extension.
- You now have a backup of your McAfee Antivirus-related registry entry.
METHOD 2: The second method that we have in hand is to contact McAfee Technical Support and explain our problem to them. They will provide us with the necessary solutions.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding how to resolve unable to continue installation error code 87