McAfee formerly known as Intel Security Group is an American global computer security software company that provides cybersecurity solutions for both businesses and consumers. McAfee also helps businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously and collaboratively.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against all types of viruses, malware, and other threats at home and away. McAfee gives you a solid complement of protection tools for your PC that includes virus and spyware protection, Web and email protection, and parental controls.
Table of Contents
What is McAfee LiveSafe?
McAfee LiveSafe is one of the best products in McAfee’s sizable security portfolio. Its suite offers protection for an unlimited number of Windows PCs, Macs, and Android, and iOS devices, along with the Web dashboard. There’s 1GB of cloud-based storage as well. The whole thing is available for $60 per year.
It is compatible with most platforms and comes as a small plastic card with a product key. It’s not yet available for Chromebooks or Windows Phones, but that may change in the future as the market shifts.
Is LiveSafe important:
LiveSafe displays the most important pieces of information in its main window. LiveSafe’s most distinctive feature is the McAfee Personal Locker, a secure cloud storage space (1GB) designed specifically for highly sensitive documents. Personal Locker uses biometric protection like facial and voice authentication along with a PIN.
But it was reviewed that there are complications while we uninstall the Livesafe from our devices because it is a tenacious program that can hog your computer’s resources and create unwanted slowdowns. There is also a problem that McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall.
What to do when McAfee LiveSafe won’t uninstall:
Method 1: Login into McAfee account
- Log in using the email address associated with your McAfee user account (the email address you provided when you first signed up) and your password. Click “Log in” to access your account.
- Deactivate the license.
- Navigate to the My Account page. Here you will find a list of the computers registered to your account. Select the tab for the computer you wish to deactivate.
- Look for the “Details” section of the computer. There you should find the “Deactivate” button.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm that you want to deactivate your license for this computer. If you are sure you want to do this, click “Deactivate’’.
- Once deactivated, you can reuse the license on a different computer, whether you are buying a new one or just wish to protect a different computer you already own.
Method 2: Access Settings or Control Panel
- Click on the Start button.
- Select the Settings menu option.
- On Windows 8 Swipe In from the upper right corner of the screen and tap Search.
- Enter “Control Panel” in the search box and click on Control Panel.
- On Windows 7 or Vista click on the Start button and then click on Control Panel.
Method 3: Navigate to uninstall
- Select System > Apps & Features.
- Select McAfee Internet Security and then select Uninstall, and follow the prompts and directions on the screen.
- On Windows 8, Navigate to View by and select Large Icons, tap or click Programs and Features, select McAfee Internet Security, and then click Uninstall and follow the prompts or directions on the screen.
- On Windows 7 or Vista select Programs > Programs & Features, then McAfee Internet Security, and finally Uninstall and follow the prompts and directions on the screen.
What to do if McAfee Livesafe uninstalls greyed out?
Other problems that you can face while uninstalling McAfee Livesafe uninstallation
Whenever a button or option on your display screen is greyed out – it is a direct indication of it being disabled. If a user has been using an anti-virus for a long time, then it can be common to want to change and move on to better things. But what if they encounter an issue like the Mcafee live safe uninstalls greyed out. We are here to tell you all about solving this problem without all by yourself.
We have managed to figure out and compile some reasons why the McAfee live safe uninstall greyed out problem occurs:
- On the off chance that any installer program is working in the background, the button can get disabled for a while.
- If the software files have been corrupted by some malware or have been tampered with.
- Generally, the user needs to be logged in as the administrator for removal options to work, so it is advised to check if you have been logged in with a regular username.
Once you have chalked out the exact reason behind the Mcafee live safe uninstall greyed out an issue, you can try these solutions mentioned below and see if they help in troubleshooting it:
- If the installer program is running ideally in the background while you have been trying to uninstall the program, then try to shut it down once. If the window refuses to close you can restart the system and try once again.
- If you haven’t been logged in as the administrator follow these steps:
- Type in the admin user and password and hit enter.
- Open file C from where the McAfee program has been installed.
- Open the command dialog box and enter the command uninstall.exe
- Once you hit run, the software should be uninstalled.
- To check if the problem is with some corrupted software, try to open the internet security program. If it opens without any problem then the issue is not with any software. If not then:
- To recover any bad sectors, run a scan on the disk.
- To find any corruption, use the sfc/scan now command.
- This will enable the system to search and automatically repair any broken files.
- Alternatively, you can also use any independent repair software.
McAfee LiveSafe uninstall Navigation to the webpage was canceled
Oftentimes, right after a security update, users have trouble accessing a few select web pages. This update can be in the internet browser or anti-virus software. If you want to get rid of this McAfee LiveSafe uninstall Navigation to the webpage was canceled issue, once and for all then you can
What does it mean?
To fully understand the solutions below, we thought it would be beneficial for you to know what exactly does the McAfee LiveSafe uninstall Navigation to the webpage was canceled issue, entail.
When a user is trying to remove some programs whilst uninstalling McAfee that came pre-installed with their computers – their host window can hit an error and this message will flash on the navigation page. It will neither allow the user to proceed with the uninstallation nor refresh the page.
Here are a few major why this problem occurs in computer systems:
- It can be primarily due to a change in the security zone of your internet browser.
- It can happen if a major update has taken place via the anti-malware program which has been installed in your system.
- If there are old files left in your browser that might have been corrupted.
- Another major reason behind this is when you have recently purchased a laptop and it comes pre-installed with Mcafee, in which case you can simply uninstall it to get rid of this issue.
Thus, follow these steps for McAfee LiveSafe uninstall Navigation to the webpage was canceled
Based on the probable reasons mentioned above, we have compiled a list of solutions that can be applied to this McAfee LiveSafe uninstall Navigation to the webpage was canceled situation:
The first and the easiest way to fix this would be to uninstall the McAfee live safe:
- Open the control panel from the start button.
- From the settings, you will be redirected to the uninstall application and programs option.
- Go to the remove and repair list and locate the McAfee program you would like to remove.
- Hit uninstall and tick yes on the confirmation popup window.
- Reboot once to save the changes made.
- Begin by making internet explorer your default browser; open the internet options from the tools.
- Click on cookies and uncheck saving the website data.
- Once you have reset all zones to their default settings, open the LAN settings.
- After unticking any remaining boxes, click on the reset option from the advanced settings and check if the problem still persists.
You may see:
For the sake of providing assistance in solving issues like McAfee LiveSafe won’t uninstall and several others, they have come up with a 24*7 customer support website.
Users can simply visit the site and mention the issue they are facing. The technical team which is always online will get back to you and try to find a solution immediately.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding McAfee LiveSafe won’t uninstall
Why can’t I uninstall McAfee LiveSafe?
In the particular case of Mcafee livesafe, the manufacturers have created an extremely stubborn uninstall process, which can sometimes frustrate the users to no end. Anti-virus softwares tend to take up a lot of space in each and every file in your computer system, having so much access in the internal files make them almost impossible to remove sometimes.
How do I force McAfee to uninstall?
If you are adamant not to wait until your Mcafee’s subscription runs out naturally, then there are a few ways to force uninstall the program. It can be done by two major methods:
• Go to the app store and find for a high rated force removal program.
• Install it on your smartphone, tablet or PC – which ever you are facing the issue in.
• Open the downloaded program and hit agree on the license agreement.
• You might also have to enter the verifying code, wait for a couple of minutes or however long it takes for the program to completely get rid of livesafe.
What will happen if I uninstall McAfee Livesafe?
If you uninstall Mcafee, your computer system or phone, will lose the protection it was being provided from any third party attacks. You will also not be privy to any new updates from the company, regardless of the fact that your subscription has ended or not.
Is McAfee worth it 2021?
We can say that this particular antivirus will be a good investment in order to keep your PC safe from malware, online threats or third party attacks. Your data will also be protected from theft etc. in not just one but several devices with just one plan.
How many devices can I use with McAfee LiveSafe?
Mcafee livesafe comes with a unique and extremely economical feature for their users. With just a single subscription, you can protect an unlimited number of devices.
When you buy the multiple subscription package, that product ID and activation key of that single license can be used to install it on as many Pcs, smartphones or tablets that the user would like to.