McAfee is a computer security software that aims to protect our PCs (Personal Computers) from unwanted files which when executed, is able to replicate itself by altering the computer’s original programs. It inserts its own block of code within the original programs thereby corrupting our computer’s files and folders. Such unwanted and malicious files are referred to as viruses and McAfee is one such software that protects our computers from viruses. It is one of the most widely used anti-viruses in recent times.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-362-0111|
Is McAfee is compatible with Windows 10?
It has been frequently observed that several conflicts have arisen between McAfee and Windows 10 which is the latest version of Windows, an operating system, at the moment. Although it is said that the McAfee anti-virus software is highly compatible with Windows 10, it has been seen that the users are facing several McAfee problems with Windows 10.
Symptoms of McAfee problems with Windows 10:
- It has been reported that for proper installation of Windows 10, the users are needed to first uninstall McAfee or disable it. Only then can Windows 10 be successfully be installed on your PCs.Otherwise, it results in faulty installation and some files tend to become corrupt.
- In some computers, it is seen that once the user tries to reinstall McAfee after installing Windows 10, it is displayed that “YOUR PC IS NOT ONLINE” and they will advise you to reboot your computer but every time we reboot the computer, the same message will be displayed over and over again.
- Using McAfee on Windows 10 can also hang Java on our device thus creating trouble.
- It has been noticed that which we are trying to scan our system for viruses using a McAfee anti-virus in Windows 10 environment, the scan stops after it has completed to 97-98%. This problem was not encountered in other versions of Windows.
- Also, various applications of Windows 10 cannot function properly without any hindrance if McAfee is installed on our device.
- These are the following problems that are encountered from time to time by the users who have been using McAfee on Windows 10 environment (330).
Compatibility between McAfee and Windows 10 :
We have observed that McAfee is compatible with certain Windows versions which are as follows:
- McAfee provides full technical support for McAfee consumer products running under:
- Windows 10 Public Release
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Windows 10 Creators Updates
- McAfee does not provide technical support for McAfee consumer products running under:
- Windows 10 Technical Preview
- Windows 10 S
Thus we can see that the following versions of Windows provide a friendly environment for McAfee to perform successfully.
Determining the version of McAfee installed on our computer:
To determine which version of McAfee is currently running on our computer we need to undertake the following steps:
- Click on the Start button on the Taskbar, go to Programs, select McAfee, and then go to McAfee Security Center.
- By looking on the subsequent page that appears, we can determine the version of McAfee that is currently running on our device.
The solution to resolve McAfee Problems with Windows 10:
The PC Repair Tool can be used to solve various problems related to the virus on our PC. All we need to do is perform the following steps:
- Install PC repair Tool from the internet.
- Click “Start Scan” to find various problems related to our PC.
- Click “Repair All” to fix all the problems which have been discovered.
Another way is to uninstall or disable McAfee while installing Windows 10 and then again reinstalling or enabling it after Windows 10 has been successfully installed on our PC.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding McAfee Problems with Windows 10
You may also see: