McAfee is nothing but a type of anti-virus software. It provides protection to our computer from unwanted folders which are otherwise harmful to our computer. It provides an entire range of products for our computer which continuously scans our computer for viruses, Trojans, and malware.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
McAfee Endpoint Web Control is one such feature of McAfee which allows safe browsing of the website without any hindrance. It improvises Site Advisor Enterprise by providing updated Web Control browser toolbars. This helps to improve the experience of the users in the field of browsing. These days, Web Control is being integrated with Threat Prevention using Global Threat Intelligence. This ensures the safe use of the internet by allowing us to surf the websites, open emails, and download files without the fear of our computer being affected by anti-virus or any such harmful files.
Table of Contents
Features of Access Web Control:
- It helps us to enable the control plug-ins from the browser.
- Scan files before the downloading of the file.
- Check unknown URLs before opening then.
- Hide the Web Control toolbar without disabling the protection.
- Block risky sites from appearing in the search results.
- Add external sites to the local private network.
- It is used to gather information about a particular site while we are browsing through the net.
- The Web Control button on the browser can be clicked to gather information about a particular site.
- We can view the site report while searching.
- We can view more information about the site by clicking on the Safety button on the search results page of the browser.
How to enable web control?
This process is different for different web browsers.
For Internet Explorer
- Click on the Enable
If we see that more than one plug-in is available, then we will have to click Choose add-ons and click Enable from the Web Control Toolbar.
For Google Chrome
- Click on the Settings.
- Then click on the Extensions.
- Click Enable to activate Endpoint Security Web Control.
For Mozilla Firefox
- From the Mozilla Firefox Start Page, Click on Extensions. Plug-ins in Firefox is called Extensions.
- Select Enable to activate Web Control.
McAfee web control is not responding:
Recent studies have revealed that McAfee web control is not properly responding. Some users have complained that the Web Control service is not responding once the system reboots itself. The web control system starts when there is a bootup sequence but it fails to maintain itself which waiting for the dependent service to start. This problem occurs because the Web Control service is automatically stopped by Windows when the dependent devices take more than 30 milliseconds to start themselves.
How to resolve McAfee web control is not responding?
There is only one concrete way of resolving this issue. We have to log in to McAfee Endpoint Security Web Control Service and then start it manually from the service user interface. This action can be performed by the following command:
- Press Windows
- Type services.msc.
- Click OK
This will automatically enable the web control service from a COM ping once the web browser if left open for a few minutes.
Thus follow these steps to fix McAfee web control is not responding
Comment below if you have any queries on McAfee web control is not responding
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- McAfee endpoint security issue exploit prevention is not responding