How does McAfee help in protecting wifi?
McAfee is anti-virus software. It protects our system from malicious files and folders which are often referred to as a virus. Such viruses invade our computer and insert their own code within our system’s program files thus corrupting the files of our computer. Hence, it is always recommended that we use anti-virus software whenever we are working on our device. These anti-virus software scan our device from time to time and as soon as a threat is detected, it will report about the threat to the user. The user can then take the necessary actions. They may either remove the threat or ignore it.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-362-0111|
McAfee WiFi under the attack of virus
Anti-virus software is especially necessary when we are working online. This is because of the fact that the internet is teeming with viruses, malware, Trojans, and hackers who are waiting for a scope to enter our computer and steal our personal files and folders. But sometimes, even when we have anti-virus software loaded on our device, a hacker may successfully enter our computer and intercept the traffic. This is a major issue of McAfee users who mostly use their devices to work online.
How to prevent McAfee wifi from attack by hacker intercepting traffic
There are a number of ways to prevent hackers from getting access to our Wi-Fi. They are as follows:
METHOD 1: The first method that we have is to change our Wi-Fi password. It may so happen that the hacker has successfully decoded the password and have gained access to our Wi-Fi. The steps to change your Wi-Fi password are as follows:
- Open any web browser that is installed on your device.
- Type routerlogin.net in the address bar of your web browser.
- Enter your router’s username and password when asked to do so.
- Click on Ok.
- Select Wireless.
- Enter your new username in the Name field that appears on the screen. You can even keep the username the same as it is.
- Enter your new password in the password field that appears. Be careful while choosing your password. It should not be too easy to decipher.
- Click on Apply.
This method will surely help to prevent McAfee wifi from attack by hacker intercepting traffic but if the issue is not resolved then follow Method 2 to resolve the issue.
METHOD 2: The second method is to uninstall McAfee and then reinstall it once again. The steps to do so are as follows:
- Go to the Start button on the Taskbar.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Go to Programs.
- Click on Programs and Features.
- From the list of programs that appears, select McAfee.
- Click on Uninstall.
- Wait for the process to complete and then restart your computer. You may reinstall it once again if you wish to.
Hopefully, either of the above-mentioned methods will help you to overcome the problem. However, if you are still not being able to get rid of the issue, then you will have to contact McAfee Technical Support and explain your problem to them. They will give you the necessary guidelines to help you get rid of Mcafee wifi from attack by hacker intercepting traffic problems so that you can start to work properly on your device once again.
Comment below if you have any queries regarding McAfee wifi from attack by hacker intercepting traffic
You may also see:
- How to get rid of McAfee Pop-ups
- McAfee blocking Google Chrome
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- McAfee web control not started
- Why Mcafee taking a long time to install
- McAfee Error 12152 Windows 10
- How to cancel McAfee free trial
- Mcafee real-time scanning starting problem
- How To Uninstall Corrupted McAfee
- McAfee checking for updates stuck
- How to prevent McAfee threat prevention not working mac
- Are you unable to uninstall McAfee antivirus from PC