McAfee is undoubtedly one of the best antivirus software available in the market today. It comes in various versions depending on the user’s needs. It has a free download option and also various paid versions on easily accessible platforms such as Amazon to purchase from. It is compatible with all the prominent operating systems such as Windows, macOS, Android, and iOS. There are many problems with using McAfee.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-362-0111|
It has frequent updates available to keep up with the growing cyber threats. The company has excellent user support and interestingly, the users frequently end up needing support because, despite the innumerable advantages, this software has its own set of issues while being used. Most of the issues arise during or after installing updates.
Some of the most common problems in using McAfee, faced by the users and their solutions are:
Q. McAfee Real-Time scan won’t turn on. What should I do?
Step 1- Try running McAfee Virtual technician first of all.
Step 2- Make sure your system doesn’t have leftover bits of any other anti-malware software that you may have used. If you do find any leftovers, use the respective cleanup tools to get rid of it. It is possible that the real-time scanning components of the previous software may be interfering with McAfee.
Step 3- If the above-mentioned solutions don’t work, uninstall the software and install it again.
Contact the customer service desk if your problem still isn’t fixed.
Q. McAfee virus and spyware won’t turn on/ Turned off during an update. What should I do?
Step 1- First and foremost, try to manually turn on the spyware protection and firewall by opening the McAfee software window on your system.
Step 2- Run the McAfee Virtual technician if you can’t manually turn on the protection to check what the problem is.
Steps to run MVT-
- Go to the McAfee Customer Support page and look for MacAfee Virtual technician section by scrolling down.
- Click on download and run.
- Now Save the mvt.exe file to your desktop if prompted.
- Start MVT by clicking “Run” or double-clicking the mvt.exe.
- Windows User Account Control will ask you to allow MVT to run via a prompt, click “Yes” on it.
- Wait for MVT to install, initialize, and run. This process might take a few minutes. Be patient.
Let McAfee Virtual Technician run its course and let it Auto fix any issues that it encounters.
Step 3- After running the MVT, also make sure your Internet Explorer is up to date. Windows Operating System, as well as McAfee security systems, depending on Internet Explorer for some functionality. You do not need to use it as your default browser but you do need to keep it updated to its latest version.
Step 4- Another issue sometimes faced by McAfee users is that it needs to be “trusted” by your operating system. Just go to the control panel of your computer, go to the Virus Protection / Firewall section. Make sure your antivirus software has all the required permissions to run in the system.
Thus follow these steps to resolve problems in using McAfee
Comment below if you have any queries on problems in using McAfee
You may also see:
- Can Malwarebytes 3.0 run alongside Symantec or McAfee
- McAfee Livesafe won’t uninstall
- How to uninstall McAfee without password
- What are the McAfee Problems with Windows 10
- Why McAfee update not installing
- How do I delete McAfee permanently
- Why McAfee Livesafe update failed on mac
- McAfee error while installing updates mac
- McAfee total protection error while installing updates mac
- Why McAfee blocking windows updates
- McAfee virus and spyware protection won’t turn on issue
- How to resolve McAfee update problem
- Why McAfee firewall won’t turn on windows
- McAfee threat prevention not started
- Why McAfee web control is not responding
- McAfee web control not started
- Why Mcafee taking a long time to install
- McAfee Error 12152 Windows 10
- How to cancel McAfee free trial