Dial +1-888-362-0111 if you are facing any issues related to antivirus
What is McAfee?
Mcafee is a scanner which scans antivirus in order to detect and know about the different software’s which are harmful to your computer as well as it also helps in restoring the files which are damaged and protect your computer from having any measuring problem due to different viruses that are transmitted through different ways like pen drives, CD, automatic coming of link with different downloads done by you, etc. But sometimes we are asked to uninstall McAfee on Mac.
Why do we need to Uninstall McAfee?
- As it is free software and had to purchase after 30 days only you can easily download from the internet but sometimes excess links get downloaded with it due to which you start receiving unknown notifications.
- Sometimes it is also seen that the device starts getting hanged, different other programs stops working as well as the functioning of the computer becomes quite slow. It may be due to the large space occupied by this software.
- Even if you want to install another antivirus software you need to completely delete McAfee antivirus from your computer because this software won’t allow other software to work together on the computer.
How to Uninstall McAfee on mac
So if you are looking for the steps by Which you can Uninstall McAfee on mac, you can go through the following steps:
Method 1: Using App Cleaner & Uninstaller
App Cleaner & Uninstaller are the applications by which we can uninstall the other programs are the applications completely on Mac. It generally takes few minutes to uninstall the application with the help of these two tools.
But Mcafee is quite a clever anti-virus that somehow develops some support files on your Mac due to the uninstallation process is not completed properly. Some of the other residue files keep remaining in the Mac computer.
So before uninstall the Mcafee on Mac you need to pay attention to some special steps and follow the guide properly.
- Close the Mcafee application on your computer.
- Go to the menu bar and tab on its icon.
- Then go to the preferences section.
- Once the preferences window opens.
- Tap on the lock icon.
- Now disable the firewall.
- Tap on remove Mcafee LiveSafe.
- Once you are done with this open the activity section of the monitor and cross-check if any process is done in the background regarding Mcafee or the software running in the background somehow. If it is then you must close them.
- Now restart your Mac. It will make sure that no background work is going on your computer.
- Once you have rebooted your Mac now open app cleaner and uninstaller.
- Tap on the Mcafee application from the list of apps.
- Now tap on the remove button.
- A pop notification will come to confirm the action just tap on confirm.
- Now the installation process will begin and once it is over restart your Mac.
Method 2: Using the terminal:
The website of Mcafee told that you can completely delete your McAfee antivirus with the special command in the terminal. So here are the steps by which you can uninstall McAfee with the help of the terminal:
- Go to the launch pad and open the terminal.
- Log in to the terminal as admin.
- Now select the McAfee and tap on remove it.
- Once the process of uninstalling is completed with your Mac.
But somehow some customers have complained that even after deleting by the terminal their computer keeps showing some notification so you need to use app cleaner and uninstaller in order to completely remove the Macfee from here Mac.
Method 3: Using an extension (web control)
McAfee uses Safari extension as a default which is also known as web control we can easily uninstall it by going to the Safari preferences for that :
- Open the Safari preferences
- Go to the Extensions tab.
- Choose web control and then tap on uninstall button.
- In order to completely remove the plugin make sure to close all the browsers while the removing process is taken place.
- Open the application folder by going in the dock
- Tap on the McAfee internet security uninstaller.
- Tap on continue.
- Enter the password and tap on Ok.
- Now click on finish.
By following all the above-mentioned steps you can easily Uninstall McAfee on Mac device but you still face any problems while doing so you must definitely install app cleaner and uninstaller software which will delete the software completely and there will no residue file in your device.
Other related issues
- How to install and Configure Webroot DNS protection setup
- McAfee activation code is not working
- Activation of McAfee LiveSafe (MLS) through Retail Card
- How to update webroot
- How to reinstall Webroot Secure Anywhere
- Webroot Won’t open on Mac
- How to Update Webroot Antivirus free
- How to install Webroot on PC without CD