Have you ever uninstalled an app from your device, however, you notice one day that it still hasn’t been cleared out from your system completely? If you once removed Webroot from your system and now you see it again, it can make you wonder how did Webroot get on my computer.
|Webroot support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
We are here to tell you how to get rid of this program once and for all so that it is completely removed from your PC.
Webroot is a well-known American cyber security program maker; they provide internet protection against hackers, to individuals and businesses, like government agencies, banks, etc. The company was established in the year 1997 and has since evolved into different branches of cyber protection.
Even though Webroot is a good program for the protection of your files and information on the internet, however, the presence of anti-virus on your system brings with it a whole set of issues, such as:
- They always come with several push notifications, regarding new updates or other things.
- It can cause issues with other third-party apps and block them from working.
- Anti-virus can also cause problems when a user is updating an operating system.
- They are known for notoriously spreading in all parts of your PC and can be very difficult to get rid of completely.
Webroot offers its users two tools that will help with a complete clean-up of the program and you won’t even see a trace of it on your system and after that, you don’t need to worry about How did Webroot get on my computer after removing it?
- Go to the control panel from the start button.
- There you will find the option for uninstalling programs.
- Right-click on the computer properties, and go ahead and create a system restore point.
- From the official Webroot website, you will be redirected to a link for a cleanWDF tool
- Double-clicking on the tool will allow you to remove all the remaining drivers of the anti-virus program.
- Click yes and then save the changes by rebooting your system once.
- Visit the official Webroot website and find the wrupgrade tool.
- Click on the tool link and download it.
- You should save the downloaded file on your desktop for easy access.
- Double click on the file and choose the uninstall option for any of the remaining Webroot drivers.
- Click on ok and shut down your system to save the changes to get rid of how did Webroot get on my computer
- Open the start menu and log in as the administrator, for this last step.
- Then search for the command prompt box and click on it.
- Enter the command for uninstalling Webroot.
- Hit enter and wait for a window to pop up.
- Click on yes for confirming the process.
- This should finally clear out all the last remaining traces of Webroot from your system.
If none of these methods helped you in finding out how did Webroot get on my computer, then you should call up their helpline number for technical assistance or get customer service from their official website.
For more related articles :
- How to cancel Webroot subscription?
- Webroot is not working on Mac [Full solution]
- How to troubleshoot when Webroot slows down computer?
- How to fix Webroot issues with Windows 10?