Every time your anti-virus conducts a scan, it takes up a large amount of RAM, which can cause several other programs to hang or stop working completely. It can also cause your computer to face the Webroot stuck on threat removal issue. Fortunately, this problem is not a very difficult to solve in majority of cases. We have created this guide for you to read and use it to solve the crisis all by yourself.
|Webroot support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
Check it out if you’re also looking for Webroot stuck on Scanning for Rootkits
Webroot was established in the year 1997 as a cyber security company in the United States of America. Over the years it has evolved into a world class organization which harvests artificial intelligence and cloud for creating programs to eliminate real time threats.
After being taken over by another parent company called Carbonite, it is now headed by the CEO Mike Potts. Their headquarters are located at Broomfield, Colorado, United States.
The SecureAnywhere software by Webroot specializes in removing threats at any time. In the usual cases, you can just click on scan after opening the program window and the threats that the computer currently faces are all displayed. After which you can proceed with the removal process.
Why does Webroot stuck on threat removal occur?
Here are a few common reasons which can cause the Webroot stuck on threat removal problem in most of the events:
- One of the primary reasons that can often contribute to this issue is poor internet connection.
- It can also be due to semi-permanent internet files or any other app files which might be blocking the process.
- If your anti-malware software hasn’t been subjected to any recently available updates, then it can hang.
How to troubleshoot Webroot stuck on threat removal?
A complete deep scan of the system might be able to solve the Webroot stuck on threat removal message:
- Begin by opening the PC in safe mode. Make sure it is connected to a network.
- From the start tray below, click on the Webroot icon to open it.
- On the window that opens, you will find an option called PC security.
- Go to scan and shields from there and hit a custom scan.
- The default setting for such a scan is deep, as will begin.
- Remove any threats found and restart the system once to check if the issue has been resolved.
- To remove a threat, the WSA can also require a boot up process. So if the problem persists for a long time, you can try to reboot.
- In most cases customers are advised to send a support ticket to the team and they will get back and sort the issue out for the customer themselves.
If a user is unable to fix the Webroot stuck on threat removal problem, even after applying all the troubleshooting ways mentioned above – then they should not hesitate to call for technical help.
They can be contacted via the support website and submit a ticket with your problem mentioned on it or even the customer service helpline which works from 7 AM to 7 PM every Monday to Friday.
Some more related articles :
- How to remove Webroot SecureAnywhere?
- How did Webroot get on my computer after removing it?
- How to fix Webroot issues with Windows 10?
- Webroot is not working on Mac [Full solution]
- How to troubleshoot when Webroot slows down computer?
- How to cancel Webroot subscription?
- How to install and Configure Webroot DNS protection setup
- Remove Webroot Filtering Extension