If you have purchased a security program from McAfee via an offline retailer then you will require a retail card and have to activate it through www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcd. The installation of most programs on your computer systems need a unique product key Find out more about www.McAfee.com/mav/retailcd by reading our article below.
|McAfee support phone number USA||1-888-832-1727|
Check it out if you’re looking for How to get McAfee activation code free?
Table of Contents
McAfee is a cyber security company based in the United States. The company was started in the year 1987 by the founder John McAfee. It was very recently in 2011 taken over by Intel as a part of their cyber security division. Their current headquarters are located in Santa Clara, California.
They are known all over the world for their trustworthy and reliable line of security products, which include but are not limited to – network and cloud protection, password managers, total security etc.
Read More: Activate McAfee anti-virus in a new laptop
What are these cards?
When a user prefers to go to a physical retail store to purchase an anti-virus plus they will receive a retail card alongside it. Also popularly known as an ecard, customers can use it for downloading the antimalware from the internet directly instead of having to go through the entire process with a CD through www.mcafee.com/mav/retailcd.
Before you even begin the card activation process for www.McAfee.com/mav/retailcd – find out how to redeem it first:
- Go to McAfee’s official website which generates the link for activation.
- On the home page, users will find a form – fill it with the required information such as your name, email address, region etc.
- You will also be required to type in the key written on the card to proceed further.
- Click on submit and the card will be redeemed.
Steps to activate Retail Card using www.McAfee.com/mav/retail/cd
Here are the steps that can help you with a smooth activation process for www.McAfee.com/mav/retailcd:
- Visit the official activation website.
- The user will be asked to enter the product key that was received after redeeming the card.
- Enter the code and a working email address, where you will be sent the activation code.
- Hit on next and you will be sent the email.
- Download and install the software from the website.
- Lastly, after the user agreed to the license agreement, they will be asked to enter the activation code for completing the installation.
- Go to the official website and you should see a settings grid on top of the page.
- Find the option for activating the retail card and click on it.
- Enter the key and email address and hit enter.
- After clicking on next, you will be redirected to the download process.
In the end, if you are not able to successfully proceed with www.McAfee.com/mav/retailcd, you can double check the following things:
- In most cases users errors in the installation, activation process because they miss out on some instructions mentioned in the manual.
- Also make sure that your PC does not have any other anti-malware program installed. To combat this issue, you will have to uninstall any such program.
- A system that hasn’t been properly updated can also cause such troubles. See to it that the operating system etc. are all updated.
So by following the steps mentioned above, you can activate your Retail Card using www.McAfee.com/mav/retailcd by yourself.
Some related articles :
- How to get rid of McAfee pop-up? [Explained]
- McAfee LiveSafe renew process [Complete guide]
- McAfee LiveSafe internet security keygen Activation process
- How to download McAfee LiveSafe? | A guide to protection
- [Solved] How to renew McAfee subscription?
- Installation using Mcafee.com/mtp/retailcard
- [Fixed] How do I find my McAfee serial number?
- Scan any website using McAfee URL checker